This Holiday Season Help Build a School for Muteema
Give the gift of education this year to those who need it most. Give a donation in behalf of a family member or friend this holiday season and use the above letter to share that contribution with them. This year one of the many villages Zambia’s Scholarship Fund is working with is Muteema with over 285 students from grades 1 to 7. The village is desperate need of a school building, with classes meeting outside, within an animal feeding shelter, and a tiny old 2 classroom building in dangerous dis-repair, cracks gaping open in the brick work from floor to ceiling.
The community is eager and very supportive to build a new school. Already they have sacrificed greatly dedicating extensive time and labor to molding bricks without knowing yet if or where they may gain the resources for the rest of the building construction materials needed.
“I encouraged the community to mould bricks which they have done now unfortunately we have no one to help us construct a 1x 3 class” -Saviour Mwape (Muteema Teacher)
“This is also used as a class for grade seven pupils due to insufficient infrastructure” -Saviour Mwape
“This is a feeding shelter …is now used as a pre school class ” -Saviour Mwape
This Holiday season we can’t think of a better gift for ourselves, than to see the smile on hundreds of children’s faces as Zambia’s Scholarship Fund with your help provides them the gift of education and hope for a future through announcing our support for building a new 1×3 much needed classroom block for the community of Muteema!
- Muteema Primary
- Proposed School Size: 1×3 Classroom block (currently has 1×2 old classroom block, feeding shed used for pre-school class, and outdoor space for learning)
- total number of Students: ~285
- Teachers: 1 ZSF + 2 Government
- Students to Teacher Ratio: ~95
- Grades: 1-7
- Water Access: watering hole/unclean due to sharing with animals (opportunity for future project for well bore hole)
- Sanitation / Latrines: 6
- Project Start Date: TBD – Seeking Funding
- Project Completion Date: TBD
- Project Estimated Max Cost: 450,000 Kwacha = $27,100
- Map Link: Click here for ZSF Google MyMaps Location of Muteema